We realized in our last post that getting our OEM brake line brackets onto the Konis would be require some cutting. We purchased a pack of metal cutting discs, slapped them on our drill, and off we went.
RestorationCRX Top Tip: The job would've been incredibly easier had we had access to a clamp or vice. Unfortunately for us we had neither.
The entire cutting process took a little over an hour. Two blades per bracket per used. Be patient and don't rush through the process.
Finally after all that work, this is how the brake bracket should properly fit on a Koni strut. During the test fitting procedure, we made sure that the control arm bolt went through smoothly without damaging the strut.
To prevent rusting, we filed off the edges and used some black Honda touch up paint to cover up the bare metal. You can see the comparison in the above photo.
This project took a long time to complete but in the end, it was well worth it. Time to put it all back together.