As we awaited the arrival of our Koni Yellows, we figured it was the perfect time to replace our brake pads and rotors.
After wheels and tires, a vehicle's second most important component is its braking system. And while Nancy still had decent stopping power, the rotors were warped and we had no idea how old or new the parts were. We decided that a fresh set of rotors and pads were critical to our restoration.
With our brake line brackets finally fitted to our new Koni struts, we were oh so close to getting the new suspension installed on the car. Koni just didn't want Nancy to get a new set of shocks =(
We realized in our last post that getting our OEM brake line brackets onto the Konis would be require some cutting. We purchased a pack of metal cutting discs, slapped them on our drill, and off we went.
If you're wondering why we're dedicating an entire post on swapping over brake line brackets, it's because this part of the installation required the most amount of time. Allow us to share (or rather vent) our experience.
With the OEM front suspension off the car, we took the opportunity to take some photos comparing the two setups.
With the pre-inspection out of the way, it was time to remove our worn out OEM shocks and springs. Below is the list of tools used and the steps we took.
This past weekend as promised, we began the process of installing our brand new Koni STR.T suspension kit. The first step was to inspect our OEM suspension components for any damages. These can include rusted or missing bolts, torn boots, bent arms, and worn out bushings. Lucky for us, we didn't find anything that needed major attention.